- Phishing Mail
What is phishing? How to Avoid Phishing Attacks.
Phishing is a type of online scam where criminals send an email that appears to be from a legitimate company and ask you to provide sensitive information. This is usually done by including a link that will appear to take you to the company’s website to fill in your information, but the website is a clever fake and the information you provide goes straight to the crooks behind the scam.
A phishing attack usually comes in the form of a message meant to convince you to:
- ๐ click on a link
- ๐ open a document
- ๐ install software on your device; or
- ๐ enter your username and password into a website that’s made to look legitimate.
Phishing attacks can trick you into giving up your passwords or trick you into installing malware on your device. Attackers can use malware to remotely control your device, steal information, or spy on you.
Why it’s called phishing? The overall term for these scams "phishing" is a modified version of "fishing" except in this instance the fisherman is the cyber attacker and they're trying to catch you and reel you in with their sneaky email lure.
How to Help Defend Against a Phishing Attack
- 1. You must check the URL or Domain name carefully.
- 2. Look at the URL of the website. If it begins with "https" instead of "http" it means the site is secured using an SSL Certificate (the stands for secure).
- 3. Don’t click on unverified links or download suspicious apps because its increase the risk of exposure to malware.
- 4. You should install an effective Anti-Virus program on your device and update your Anti-Virus program to the latest version.
Source : https://ssd.eff.org
Computer Center have no policy that send any link via emails to users. If we have announcements or notifications, we will publish via only KMUTT Newsletter.
If you receive phishing mails or see any unfamiliar/irregular screen, please forward that email to email@example.com or report the problems at the Computer Center Tel. 02-470-9444 or 111.
Phishing Mail examples